For every company with a physical office it is advisable to have a Google My Business account. With Google My Business you manage your presence in Google Maps and in Google Search. In this step-by-step tutorial we will show you how to get started with Google My Business.
Manage an Existing Google My Business Account
First of all you should check if you already have a Google My Business profile. If you have a Google Maps entry, then Google has already created a Google My Business profile for you. The login data is the same as for Google Maps.
1. Log in to Google My Business and review your company information. Make sure that your profile is complete.
2. Check the linking of your Google My Business profile to the other Google services.
Create a New Google My Business Account
Follow these steps if you do not yet have a Google My Business account:
1. Sign in to the Google account you want to use for managing your Google My Business account.
2. Go to Google My Business and click on “Start Now”.
3. Search for your company.
- Click on your address, if it is listed. Google will ask you to verify the address (typically by postcard). You can already start managing your profile. If somebody verified your address with a different account, you first have to transfer the ownership or, if you do not know the current owner, request the admin rights.
- If your company is not listed yet, you have to add and verify the address.
4. Add all information to your account. Do not forget to add pictures. They will also appear in Google Search and in Google Maps.