Yesterday it was time for the yearly search engine conference in Zurich. I had the pleasure of holding the first presentation of the day and talked about mobile SEO. In the first part of the presentation I outlined the importance of mobile search and how Mobilegeddon impacted it. In the second part I showed specific SEO measures to achieve good ranking positions in mobile search.
These are the most important take-aways of the presentation:
- A quarter of the Internet usage in Switzerland already happens on smartphones.
- Due to Mobilegeddon, only mobile-optimized pages achieve good ranking positions in mobile search.
- There are three possibilities to create a mobile website:
- Responsive web design (recommended in most cases)
- Dynamic serving
- Separate mobile website
- There are five important ranking factors for mobile SEO:
- Local factors
- Technical aspects
- User experience
- Backlinks and social signals
You can find the full presentation below. Feel free to send me an email if you need support with search engine optimization for your website.